Thursday, February 24, 2011

Numero Uno

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.


So here it goes. I've never really done this before, so we'll see how it goes :) I started college this year at Concordia College, and it has been such a life changing experience. Through the countless meals of ramen, new friends, and term papers, there is one variable that has not changed and has remained extremely stable. This is my faith. If anything, my faith and connection with the Lord has only increased throughout this whole experience. I'm so glad that when temptations of college, like partying and pulling all nighters just to have fun, pop up to snatch me, the Lord keeps me safe. He has become my best friend, my rock, my shield, and my place of comfort. As 2 Timothy tells, it is so true. God has given us a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind. Although the first week of college could have been an extremely terrifying experience full of confusion, that fear was not inside of me. God gave me the strength to live each day of my new college life through him with a strong spirit. (And so far, living with this strong spirit has been a blast!) So how has He worked with and through me? It's time to find out, so grab on and join me for the ride :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment