Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's Time To Abandon Fear

Psalm 56:3-4: In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?


Today as I sat in church words from the pastor just struck me. We need to give up our fear to God. When I sat and reflected this on my way home, I almost felt guilty. All summer we had talked to all of our camp kids about surrendering our fears to God. And sadly, I realized that i didn't fully commit to the things I talked to campers about. I thought I had given up all my fears, my big ones at least, but I was wrong. As a student, I tend to freak out sometimes and worry about my classes, my grades, my time, all things that are completely miniscule. In the end, how much time of my life will I have spent worrying instead of worshipping and praising God? It is time to give up my little fears, and trust God even with my little things :) It's time to start, so why not start now? 


peace out loves :) 

1 comment:

  1. Mmm hmm! Rest in the sovereignty of our great God!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete